The file exists error is one of the most common issues that is faced by QuickBooks users. If you are dealing with the same problem, then you have come to the right page. In this article, we will try to discuss all possible ways to resolve the issue including QuickBooks File Doctor.
QuickBooks is one of the most useful and amazing software that has helped the user to manage their retail and track the record. However, despite having incredible features and tools the application is prone to errors. Tackling an issue in the middle of the workflow could be very irritating. So, go through the article till the end and resolve the problem from your system.
QuickBooks The File Exists Error
The file issue generally occurs while opening the federal form, downloading payroll updates, and paying schedule liabilities. While facing the issue you may also receive the error message:
“The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not currently being used by another program or a read-only file.”
“The Windows error was “The file exists.”
Let’s find out why the error arises in your system. The causes behind the problem will help you to resolve the problem more easily and effectively.
Causes Triggered the File Exists Error
There are various reasons behind the occurrence of the issue. We have listed some of them below in the list.
- The error may arise due to the outdated version of the software in your system.
- You might not have been given the administrative rights on Windows.
- The internet connection could be poor.
- Control settings of Windows might be blocking the action on QuickBooks.
- There could be some installation error in QuickBooks.
- Some problems in the security settings of the internet and the firewall.
Troubleshooting Guide to Resolve QuickBooks the File Exists Error
Since you now know the main reason behind the occurrence of Quickbooks error the File Exists Error, perform the troubleshooting method to fix the problem. The solutions are very straightforward to carry out and effective to resolve the QuickBooks error. However, if you have little or no knowledge about QuickBooks or technology in general, then take help from the professionals. Now let’s get into this.
Method 1: Verify for the Update of QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the QuickBooks Desktop and click on it to open.
- Then hit the Help button and select the option Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the tab Update Now.
- Look for the choice Get Updates, hit it to get the latest version.
- The above step will start the downloading process.
- After successful downloading, press the button Install Now on the QuickBooks Update Services.
- Once the update is completed, check if the issue is resolved or still there.
- If the error still persists, move to the next troubleshooting method.
Method 2: Allow Full Control
After providing full access to the folder and file, you can resolve the QuickBook issue of your system very easily.
- Go to the QuickBook Desktop button and then select the choice Open File Location.
- Press the Back press key and then click the down button. Go to the root folder.
- Choose the QuickBooks files and hit the Properties.
- Hit the Edit button under the Security choice.
- Click on the Add.
- Look for the Everyone button and then hit OK.
- Click on the button Full Control.
- Press Apply to continue the process.
- Now follow the same process above, but Everyone chooses the button User.
Method 3: Re-register the.OC and. DLL File
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop software.
- Go to the QuickBooks option and then click on it.
- Choose the Properties button.
- Look for the button Open File Location and press the option.
- In the folder search the reboot.bat folder.
- Choose the button Run an Administrator.
- You will receive a black color window displayed and it will then automatically exit.
- Restart the windows and check if the error that you were facing has been resolved or not.
Method 4: Change the setting of the Firewall, Repair QuickBooks, and Perform Clean Installation
- First of all, click on the Windows + R key together to access the Run tab.
- Then type Control Panel and press OK.
- Choose the option Devices and Printers.
- Click on the button and then choose the Remove button.
- Close the QuickBooks tab.
- Then pre the key Ctrl + Alt + Del together to open the Task Manager.
- Hit the Price option and then look for the button QBW32.exe.
- Hit on the choice.
- Choose End Process and then Ye to confirm.
- If you are using the QuickBook Premier then locate the saved file at C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- If you are using the QuickBook Enterprise then, navigate C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\(QuickBooks_version)\TSPrinterSettings\.
- Search for the file QBPRINT.qbp and then delete the folder.
- Go to the QuickBook.
Method 5: Turn Off User Account Control
- Pre the WIndow + R from the Keyboard to access the Run Window.
- Type Control Panel in the search box and then hit the OK button.
- From the top of the Control Panel, look for the option User accounts.
- Then go to the account control setting choice.
- Tap on the button Turns Off UAC.
- After following all the above steps carefully, restart the system.
We have come to the end of the article. Hopefully, it helped you to resolve the problem you were facing. However, if you are still getting the issue then try to contact the support team of Intuit QuickBooks. The team is available 24 X 7 to help the users in need. They will also guide you to avoid any further problems. If the blog was helpful then share it with your friends and family. Also, share your experience in the comment section below.