If SEO is a cake, the links are cream, and internal links are like a cherry on it. In simple words, if you make the perfect move, the game is yours!
Are these lines confusing you and, at the same time, making you curious? If yes, then you are on the right page. Here, you can learn about the art of mastering internal linking and becoming an expert in SEO. So, let’s get started…
A Brief Look at What Is Internal Linking:
Internal linking is an SEO technique where the link of the particular website is added to different pages of the same website. This is a technique that is quite useful for bringing any website or a particular page of it into the picture.
This is a link that takes the user on clicking it to another page of the same domain. Now, why you think that internal linking is important? Have no idea about it? Don’t worry; the below section will help you!
Importance of Internal Linking in SEO:
Internal linking is an important factor that is used for the welfare of a company/business. In this section, we shall look into the different functions/purposes of the same. So, let’s get started!
- Establish User Navigation
The primary purpose of these links is to establish user navigation. This is an important element that promotes the website because when a user finds easy navigation, he revisits the website. Suppose you are looking for ‘SEO tactics,’ you find a page that explains the same but with technical terminology of which you have not much knowledge. What would you prefer then: Using google for each term from a different source or links on the page that redirect you to pages on those terms of the same website? Now, you know why this is important, right?
- Create Information Hierarchy
The second important purpose of these links is to create an information hierarchy. Suppose there is a family tree- you have great grandparents, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and so on. If you want to know about a family tradition, culture, or such, you cannot pick anyone from any generation and try to understand everything; you have to follow the hierarchy. Similarly, the information in a website should also follow a hierarchy so that the reader can understand it better.
- Build Link Equity
The third important point is to build link equity. This is to balance the traffic on the website so that it together can perform better. Suppose a situation where you are building a house- to be exact, adding a new level to the old house. You cannot add or renovate the second floor without strengthening the foundation, right? Because if you do so, sooner or later, the foundation falls weak and, in the end, can cause damage to the whole house. Similarly, you cannot forget the old pages and work only on new ones as this can cause trouble for the website at the end.
- Improve Site Performance
Look at this as a happy family situation- Suppose the parents are weak in health, but the young are healthy, will that be a happy family? With regular medical issues rising, it might not be one. But if everyone follows a healthy lifestyle, it will be one, right? Similarly, the old and poor performing pages that were once the roots need to be taken care of by the young and new pages to improve the overall site’s performance.
These are the four main reasons why you should never look down on SEO internal linking. Before we get to know some tactics that can prove beneficial in the coming stages, let’s look at the different types of internal linking in the below section.
- Circular – This is a type where the pages are linked from a circular structure with their ultimate focus in a circle. It has every page linked to another page and the main source, thus forming a circle of all.
- Hierarchical –Hierarchical internal linking is a process where the home page or the main source is linked to a set of secondary pages. These are further linked to other pages, and the new pages are linked back to the branch pages that finally route to the source, thus forming a tree-like structure.
- Star – This is a structure in which the pages are interlinked, data is transmitted, and everything forms a star. This is used to distribute equal importance to all the pages such that everything is balanced properly.
These are the basic types of SEO internal linking that are commonly practiced by assignment help experts and professionals. Now, let us look into the tactics you should know and follow to improve your site’s performance and ranking in the coming ages.
SEO Internal Linking Tactics Beginners Must Know
- Avoid Tag Clouds –If you want some effective results, then tag clouds are a big NO. These just create more fuss and confuse both the reader and the spider. Instead, opt for clear pages with the right number of only necessary links to create good traffic and leads.
- Check Links –Ensure that the links you are using are working properly. If you interlink the incorrect or non-working links, then the purpose of doing so is not fruitful. So, make sure to check if the links you are redirecting have a meaning page or are broken.
- One-to-One Rule –This is like an order passed by ‘THE MAJESTY;’ it cannot be crossed. Thus, this is an important rule where you include only one link per page so that the user does not feel confused and lost in a bunch of useless or useful links.
- Right Interlinking –This technique allows you to follow the right interlinking, such as linking old content to new, a link to the logo. You can also use a blog section, blocks, or a website map for easy usability.
These are some tactics of SEO internal linking which every beginner should know to become an expert in the field. This linking assignment help SEO beginners to set a tone and improve the performance of the site. If you need to know more about these, then you can always count on professionals available online.