There are no fixed costs when it comes to developing mobile applications. Just like spending a fortune on ingredients doesn’t make anyone a professional chef, overspending on app development doesn’t guarantee successful apps. The disheartening truth for many in the app development industry is that most apps fail.
- 30%of mobile apps fail 12-18 months after their launch. 45% of these projects run over budget.
- On the Google app store, more than 60%of apps experience 80% declines in downloads just after their first week of launch.
These failures are mainly down to these factors –
- Lack of suitable market demand for the app.
- Cash shortages lead to insufficient maintenance, proper hosting, etc.
- Inability to monetize the app; failure of paid advertising techniques, in-game feature sales, and subscription fees.
- Development teams fall apart.
- Competitors offering similar (or better) apps that appeal to target demographics.
- No secondary plan such as content marketing strategies.
- Lack of initial audience.
- Poor branding.
- Low-quality customer support.
Thankfully, these app-killing factors can be foreseen and avoided by smart app developers with mobile application testing. These testing procedures enable development teams to create scalable and easily accessible apps. The testing processes verify the app’s functionality, usability, and reliability before the launch.
In quality assurance (QA) testing for mobile apps, automation is a great weapon. It gives developers speed. However, modern-day mobile apps are extremely complex. End-to-end testing is vital. In terms of functionality and user impressions, it’s hard to substitute manual testing with automated procedures.
The latest mobile test automation tools are extremely refined. But, for top app testing companies, manual mobile app testing is still extremely important. Companies that are spending a lot on their apps and wish to deliver exceptional user experiences must focus on both of these mobile app testing procedures.
The goal of every mobile app project is to provide high-quality output while being cost-efficient. But, most app development teams have very little time to bring their creations to the market. Combining automation with manual testing allows the teams to realize whether their apps are easily downloadable, functional and offer high-quality user experiences across all devices.
Use Automated Mobile App Testing for Time Efficiency
The speed and accuracy of automated mobile app testing procedures make them unavoidable for modern-day app development teams. Time-consuming processes like regression testing can be carried out within seconds with automated tests. With these tests, development teams receive –
- Instant Feedback– Authorizing different phases of the app development process is much easier with automated testing. In automated tests, developers can detect bugs early on. They’re able to fix these bugs during the development phase.
- Better Coordination– As automated tests take over the responsibility of authorizing various app features, the rest of the team members can focus on other responsibilities. Different departments of the app development team, like programmers, marketing, design, etc., can instantly access the results of these tests and coordinate amongst themselves to speed up the development process.
- Cost-Efficient– Although creating stable test automation environments takes a lot of time and money, in the long run, it’s still cheaper than mass-scale manual testing procedures. As long as the development teams use high-quality test automation tools for assistance, the automated mobile app testing procedure will be both time and cost-efficient.
- More Tests– Development teams can customize or create new automated mobile app testing procedures for their products. Create and add the new tests to their automated test suites and test as many features as needed. More tests help create higher-quality applications.
Once all newly developed features are tested and validated during the automated mobile app testing procedures, app development companies can bring their products to the market much faster than anticipated. Before the launch, the automated tests give developers insights like – internal program states, memory contents, data tables, etc.
These insights help development teams determine what can go wrong once the app is launched. But, automated mobile app testing is unable to verify user experience factors. Plus, the code and configurations of these test procedures are usually specific to each mobile app. That’s why when automating every test scenario is impossible, experts recommend combining automated testing with manual testing.
Third-Party Testing Experts
Third-party mobile testing companies use both manual and automated testing to assess the core functionalities of different mobile apps and explore user experience features. These experts run multiple tests (automated and manual) parallel to each other without any slowdowns. Development teams can run these tests at their convenience on as many iOS/Android devices as they want.
That’s why partnering with cost-efficient third-party software testing companies is currently the best option for mobile app development teams. These experts treat app tests as key components of the software development process and follow clear strategies using adequate resources for automation. More importantly, they don’t use emulators or simulators and only conduct consistent test sessions on actual devices.