QuickBooks Error 6177 is one of the most standard errors faced by QB users. When you create a new company file in QuickBooks, the file gets saved in the company file folder. On the other hand, the path of the company file gets saved in QuickBooks. When you open the company file folder, QuickBooks can locate the file and open it. However, if the company file moves to a new location that is not known, QuickBooks can display this error. This blog will help you find the ways to resolve this error.
You can now contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 if you require immediate assistance or support.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error Code 6177 0
Error 6177 can take place because of a host of reasons. It’s best you diagnose the cause for your error. Make efforts to diagnose it correctly, as that’ll help you formulate the strategy for your error. Go through the steps given below:
- Damaged network data file.
- Outdated QuickBooks application.
- The company file folder is not positioned to share with the other devices connected to the network.
- Damaged QuickBooks company file folder.
With the reasons discussed, you can now go through the solutions that are discussed in the following section.
Procedures To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6177
There are certainly some procedures that can help you fix this error, as the causes for the error are numerous. Make sure to implement only those measures that can help you resolve this error once and for all. Go through the steps discussed below:
Procedure 1: Delete QuickBooks Network File
You can delete the QuickBooks network file so that QuickBooks is forced to create a new network file, one that’s not damaged. Implement the measures given below:
- Move to the folder containing QuickBooks.
- Look for the file that has the same company name but with a .ND extension.
- Right-click on the file and choose Delete.
- Click on Yes to affirm the action and restart QuickBooks.
Now, go through the measures given below if these steps haven’t helped you fix your error.
Procedure 2: Resolving The Error Manually
You can undertake specific steps to resolve this error manually. This should be the next option if QuickBooks File Doctor has failed to resolve your error. Execute the measures given below:
- Close QuickBooks. Open the company file folder and locate it with a .ND extension. Delete it.
- Move to Programs, QuickBooks, and then QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- You can download QuickBooks Tool Hub to get QuickBooks Database Server Manager if it isn’t in your system.
- Click on Add Folder and locate the company file. Click on OK. Click on the Scan button and close after completion.
- Check the folder permissions.
QuickBooks Error 6177 is an easy to fix error if you implement the measures stated in this blog correctly. Also, read the causes as well, to fix this error accurately.
You can also ring the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 if you require urgent attention or tech support.