Home Health The Incredible Health Benefits Of Sea Moss

The Incredible Health Benefits Of Sea Moss

30
0

The enthusiasts of Jamaican sea moss use the product for some of the potential health benefits. This is in spite of the fact that there are very limited studies supporting the clinical relevance of consuming sea moss. The majority of the purported benefits are supported by anecdotal reports. As far as studies are concerned, what you will find in plenty are studies supporting the health benefits of seaweed and algae in general. However, there are very few of those studies supporting the health benefits of sea moss more specifically. In this article, we will highlight some of the particular benefits that can be attributed to organic sea moss specifically.

Organic sea moss supports thyroid function

The thyroid gland is one of the most crucial organs in your body. it is located in the anterior part and about midway on the neck. The gland produces hormones called thyroid hormones which then perform various physiologic roles in the body. To produce these hormones, one crucial ingredient is iodine. This is where the sea moss comes in. it contains a significant amount of natural iodine which is incredibly useful for enhancing your thyroid functions in the body.

Organic sea moss for gut health

You need your gut it optimum conditions to help you with nutrient digestion, absorption, and excretion of wastes. You can buy sea moss superfood because it natural contains bacteria that are called microbiome. These bacteria are helpful for your gut as normal flora because they prime your immunity, compete the dangerous bacteria for food and also help in the digestion of certain foods. The organic sea moss also contains fiber that helps with re-absorption of water and alleviates constipation.

Organic sea moss for weight loss

Despite the popular claims, weight loss is not best achieved by physical activity. In fact, working out only contributes to 25 per cent of weight loss. The other 75 per cent which is the majority is contributed by diet. Thus, you can change your eating habits and only eat weight-loss-friendly foods and you will be on the right track towards losing weight. One such products to consume is the sea moss. It contains fiber, and the role of high fiber foods in weight loss is that they make you feel full faster and longer. As a result, you are less likely to overeat.

Organic sea moss for cardiovascular health

There are many risk factors to cardiovascular disease. Some are modifiable, meaning you may have control over them. Others are non-modifiable, which means there is nothing you can do about them. the non-modifiable risks include sex, race, and age. These you cannot do anything about. But there are other risk factors such as diet, cholesterol, and sedentary lifestyle, among others, that you can control. Sea moss is good for reducing cardiovascular risk because it reduces the amount of bad cholesterol in the body. it is also a blood thinner, which means it make your blood less likely to clot – another important factor in preventing cardiovascular disease.

Important things to consider

While the health benefits of sea moss are promising and inviting, it is important to note that these benefits are not validated by clinical studies. Some of them are inferences drawn from similar studies on seaweeds and algae in general. But the majority of them are based on anecdotal reports from people who have used the product for a long time. The lack of enough scientific data is perhaps one of the major downsides when you want to buy sea moss superfood.

Another crucial thing to consider is the variability in the nutrient profile of the sea weed. Usually, the type of nutrients found in any seaweed depends on the growing conditions. The plants that grow in nutrient rich areas have much better nutritional profiles compared to the alternative. Since the growing areas of sea moss are non-specific, sea moss will vary greatly in nutritional value. This is one thing you need to put into consideration before you buy sea moss superfood.

Conclusion

When you buy sea moss superfood, you should consume it in moderation due to the variability in nutrient content. take iodine for example, if you consume a lot of it then you can have more thyroid problems than benefits hence the need to regulate your consumption of organic sea moss.