Updating your tax tables to the latest release is essential to avoid multiple QuickBooks errors or issues. Not only this, but the updates also allow you to run payroll without any errors or issues. Updating the payroll tax tables allows for an error-free tax filing if you have an active payroll subscription. This blog will cover the steps you must undertake to get QuickBooks payroll tax table updates for 2020. You’ll also see some additional steps and measures to check your version of the current payroll tax table.
To know more than what’s provided in the blog, you can reach out to the professional team of QuickBooks at (1-855-948-3646).
Additional Actions To Take Before QuickBooks Payroll Update 2020
Knowing certain things before you update your payroll tax tables can be of great help. Reading the points below can provide you with the full benefits of the updates. Now, go through the steps that are discussed below:
- Update QuickBooks to get the full functionality of payroll updates.
- Make sure to change your SUI rate or State Unemployment Insurance rate. As these tax table updates are not included so make sure to change them. SUI rates are totally specific to the business.
- You should always complete the setup of any new state taxes introduced at the start of a calendar year. For this, you may need to move to the Payroll Centre and start creating paychecks to get an idea of a new tax for your state.
With these points in mind, the next section covers the steps to check your version of the payroll tax table.
Check Your Payroll Table Version Before You Download The Latest Tax Table In QuickBooks Desktop
You should know your version of the payroll tax table before you actually undertake the steps to update the payroll tax table. This will help you realize that whether you need the updates or not. Follow the measures given below:
- Open QuickBooks. Now, from the Employees tab, choose My Payroll Service. Now, click on Tax Table Information.
- You should note the first three numbers displayed as that is the version you are operating on.
- If you are using the latest tax table updates, the information section should display 10929004.
- If you don’t get 109 at the beginning, then your tax table is outdated.
If your tax tables are outdated, it’s best to follow the steps that are discussed in the next section.
Steps To Get The Latest Payroll Tax Table Update
The steps to get the payroll tax table updates are pretty basic. Implementing such measures can help you resolve a ton of errors. Hence, updating the payroll tax table is of great benefit to every user. Now, go through the measures given below:
- Suppose your automatic updates are turned on, then QuickBooks payroll will automatically download and install the newest updates of tax tables.
- To manually update the tax tables, you can open QuickBooks Desktop. Now, from the Help tab, click on Update QuickBooks.
- In the Update Now tab, click on Get Updates.
- You can restart your system when all the updates are successfully downloaded.
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks and install the latest payroll tax table.
QuickBooks payroll tax table updates for 2020 can be quickly achieved when you follow all the simple steps mentioned in this blog. Make sure to implement those measures with precision. You can also read the additional information that is given in this blog as they provide the necessary information for the actual process. With this set, you can actively update the QuickBooks payroll tax table.
To know more or to get additional support or assistance, you can contact the team of QuickBooks Professionals at (1-855-948-3646).