Canon is the most popular brand well known by manufacturing, functions rich printers. Different varieties come in canon printers. You can choose the one that best matches your needs and adapts to your printing goals. You can buy an inkjet, laser, wiring or wireless printer according to your choice. All Canon printers provide good print quality and ease of operation. Similar to other devices, Canon printers also have some faults. Many users get stuck with the problem “How to configure the Canon wireless printer” even at the initial stage of working with a Canon printer.
The configuration and installation of the Canon printer is not a big problem to bother. It is a fairly simple process and you can do it a few minutes for yourself. Having a Canon wireless printer can be more advantageous than a cable printer. It will not occupy the greatest space due to the absence of net wiring and configurations. These are compatible and laptop printers to work. Well, before touching the printing goals, it is a need to configure and install, your Canon wireless printer with your personal computer.
Essential Steps To Perform During Canon Wireless Printer Setup
First, read the user manual that came with the printer. It will help you understand each part of the printer and how it works. Now, turning to the main goal of successfully setting up and installing a Canon wireless printer. The whole process consists of two steps.
Let us learn more about the Canon Wireless Printer Setup – two steps for Windows and Mac step by step.
Step 1: Setup Your Canon Wireless Printer With Your Wireless Network
To connect the Canon wireless printer to the same wireless network that the computer is connected to, please do some preparations first.
- Place the printer and computer close to the wireless network source or WiFi router.
- Allows the device to access the full signal strength without interference.
- During the entire operation, keep your wireless network and other devices active.
- Check the power connection and eliminate all kinds of interference.
- Write down the network SSID and password of your wireless network in a safe place so that you can use it to connect to the searched device.
- Now, go to your Canon wireless printer and continue to connect to it. With WiFi network.
Follow the guide mentioned below. When you press the power button, the printer turns on.
- On the printer’s LCD screen, select the setting, and then use the arrow keys to move up and down.
- Go to device settings. Press the down arrow key until you find the LAN settings option.
- When you enter the LAN settings, press OK.
- Use the arrow buttons to enter the wireless LAN settings, and then press OK to select an option.
- Wait until the printer finds the WiFi network and keep the light blinking.
- In the search results, use the arrows to find your WiFi network, then press OK.
- Enter it when it asks you to enter the WiFi network password. Now press OK.
The above procedure will connect your Canon wireless printer with your prospected WiFi network.
Step 2: Install Your Canon Wireless Printer In your Computer Device
In this step, you will make a connection between your computer and the wireless Canon printer.
1. Install Your Wireless Canon Printer on Windows PC
- Click the Windows icon or press the Windows key on the keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Find the control panel and click on it.
- In the “Control Panel” window, select the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Press the “Add Printer” option.
- Select the wireless network device by selecting the “Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer” option.
- From the given list of wireless devices, select the name of your wireless printer and click “Next”.
- Finally, use the CD provided by the manufacturer or download the correct printer driver from the Canon website.
Read and follow the instructions stated on your computer screen. It will install the Canon printer’s driver software into your device.
2. Install Your Wireless Canon Printer on Mac PC
- Click the Apple menu on your Mac computer and select System Preferences.
- Visit the hardware section and click on the print and scan options. Click the + sign.
- It will open search results for nearby printers. From the suggested list, select your printer.
- If your printer is not listed, click the Default tab and try to search for your printer.
- If your printer is not in the list, select the IP tab and enter the IP address.
- From your Canon printer you can obtain this information from your system administrator.
- Finally, click the Add button.
Canon printer setup – How to install canon printer driver
When it comes to quality, reliability, and productivity, the Canon IJ printers are the first and only choice of the users around the globe. It is a one-stop solution for multiple tasks that you can easily execute after the setup on your device. Canon printer drivers is the official web portal provided by Canon so that the users can Download Driver, Manual setup and for their Canon Printer.
How to Download Canon Printer Drivers?
Open your web browser and go to http://ij.start.cannon
Choose your preferred language and select your country.
Login to your account by providing the required login details.
Create an account if you are a new user.
By doing so, it will take you to the Product selection window.
Enter the model number of your printer and then, click “Go”.
Click the download button to start the downloading process.
Steps to Install Canon Printer Drivers?
Here are the simple and easy steps to install canon printer driver on your device :
Locate the canon printer setup file and double-click it.
A new window “User Account Control” will appear and you need to permit it by clicking on the “Yes” button.
Read the terms and conditions. Click “I Agree” to continue the process of installation.
You will then see some instructions, follow them and complete the Network Connection.
Then, wait for the process to complete successfully.
At last, click “Exit” and your installation process will be completed.
Setting Up Canon Printer drivers With USB –
If you have a usb and want to connect a canon printer using usb cable then, the given below steps will help you perform the task much easier. Follow the steps orderly:
From the web browser, go to the canon printer drivers site and choose to set up a network connection via USB.
Jump next and wait for the Canon software to connect your printer to PC with the help of a USB cable.
Hit Next and get the driver for your printer and check whether you want to connect the printer to a particular network.
Then tap YES and hit the Complete button and go to Add printer option.
Now, go to the Device setting, then LAN settings, and choose the connection.
Install Canon drivers, inkjet cartridges, and check the connections for your device.
Configure the Canon printer and try printing.
We Hope this Post will guide how to setup and install Canon printer on your device very easily.