Bremelanotide intranasal spray is used to treat conditions like hypoactive sexual desire disorder, that may be generalized or acquired. Bremelanotide is in the form of a spray that is needed to be inhaled through a nostril 45 to 60 mins before you are planning to have any sexual activity.
Bremelanotide intranasal spray is used to treat conditions like hypoactive sexual desire disorder, which may be generalized or acquired. Bremelanotide is in the form of a spray that is needed to be inhaled through a nostril 45 to 60 mins before you are planning to have any sexual activity. There are a couple of things that you must know before you start using bremelanotide intranasal spray such as:
- The drug should only be used to treat hypoactive sexual desire disorder before menopause.
- This drug is not to be used by men and women after menopause.
- Do not take more than one dose of bremelanotide intranasal spray within 24 hours.
- Do not take more than 8 doses in a month.
- The drug is not meant to be used for enhancing performance while sexual intercourse.
- Do not use it if you are under 18.
- The drug must not be taken if the low sexual desire symptoms exist due to medical, or mental health conditions, relationship problems, or medications.
- Follow all the prescriptions written on the drug before taking it. Read all the guides and instructions. Use the medication exactly how you are told to.
- Stop using the drug if you are planning to conceive as it may harm the unborn baby.
- Ask your doctor before using the drug if you are breastfeeding.
- The side effects of bremelanotide on your skin will be permanent even if you stop using the drug.
- The intake of this drug must be stopped if no improvement in symptoms is seen after the usage of 8 weeks.
- If you have a history of medical conditions like liver disease, kidney disease, cardiovascular problems, or high blood pressure, ask your doctor before using it.
- Intaking bremelanotide can slow the process of digestion which means that food and medicines will take more time to be absorbed by the bloodstream.
Side effects of bremelanotide
If you use bremelanotide intranasal spray, you may experience side effects such as:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Severe nausea
- High blood pressure
- Slow heart rate
- Severe headache
- Anxiety of fatigue
- Blurred vision
- Pounding in the neck or ears
- Inflammation of lips, throat, face, or tongue
- Darkening of the color of your gums
- Darkening of the color of face or breasts
Missing a dose
You need not worry in case you forget to take your dose of this drug since it has to be used only when required. It does not have to be taken daily.
Exceeding a dose
DO NOT exceed the recommended dose. In fact, before taking it, you should consult your doctor too. In case you happen to overdose on this drug, seek medical attention right away.
Reference post link: https://harborcompoundingcalifornia.wordpress.com/2020/11/25/things-you-must-know-before-using-bremelanotide-intranasal-spray/