The most convenient way to learn new skills or develop existing ones is to go online. The popularity of online learning is growing among students of all ages. This is because, along with free courses, the websites also provide various free tools such as paper checkers, factoring calculators, etc.
Many free courses are accessible on online learning sites such as Coursera to assist students and professionals. Coursera Coupons can also be used to get paid courses for free. There are free online courses available in various subjects, including photography, web creation, programming, personal development, and others. Do you want to develop your skills without investing any money? Then take a look at how to get free Coursera lessons.
In this article, you will find how to save money on premium Coursera courses.
How to Take Free Courses on Coursera
- On individual course pages, look for a link to Audit the course. You must first navigate to the single course page because the Audit option is not available on the Specialization, MasterTrack, or Professional Certificate pages.
- Some courses come with free evaluation products (but no certificate). Pick Complete Course, No Certificate from the drop-down menu.
- Certain courses are only available for a fee. On the Class Central tab, look for the green $ sign.
- If you can’t afford to pay but still want a credential, you can apply for financial assistance through Coursera.
What exactly is Coursera?
Coursera is an online education platform that provides online courses from top universities worldwide, also known as MOOCs or Massive Open Online Courses. Stanford, Duke, Penn, Princeton, Michigan, Peking, and HEC Paris are among them. IBM, Google, and PwC are among Coursera’s partners, and these organizations have also launched courses on the site. It currently has 190 active partners from 48 different countries.
Coursera offers 400 groups of courses categorized as Specializations, Technical Qualifications, and MasterTracks in addition to individual courses and 16 online degrees. Some Coursera courses can be used to earn university credit for degrees, but they are not free when used for university credit.
Is it possible to obtain a Coursera certificate for free?
In Coursera’s early days, certificates were available for free. You will no longer get a free certificate for completing Coursera courses. Many MOOC providers have stopped providing free certificates for completing their courses online.
If you can’t afford to pay for a degree, you can qualify for most classes’ financial assistance.
Is Coursera still available for free?
Both yes and no. Just a few Coursera courses are available for free. A small green $ symbol appears on Class Central to show these. Networking in GCP: Defining and Implementing Networks is an example.
At the time of writing, most courses have some aspect of “free” — most videos are free to view, but you must pay to access graded assignments and certificates. However, there are still many courses on Coursera that are free, including the graded assignments and tools like factoring calculator.
Before you can see the price, you must first sign up for Coursera (Join for Free). Your Class Central account is distinct from your Coursera account.
Using Coursera to Audit Courses
Getting access to the free parts of a course is referred to as “auditing the course” by Coursera.
- When attempting to sign up for free Coursera courses, search for the word Audit after clicking the Enroll For Free button.
- While there are no evaluation products or a credential with an audit, lecture videos, course readings, and discussion forums are generally free.
- Coursera is constantly tweaking or testing new iterations of their UI, so what you see on your screen on Coursera’s website can vary from what we see in our screenshots.
- Select the Audit link to avoid providing Coursera with your payment details.
I hope you find this information helpful. Please let me know if you come across a Coursera course that does not suit the trends mentioned above.