Linksys RE6300 AC750 Wi-Fi range extender is one of the best networking devices that helps you to extend your existing Wi-Fi router signals in almost every corner of your home or workplace. Basically, Wi-Fi range extenders receive the weak Wi-Fi signals from the router and retransmit the signals in boosted form. Linksys AC750 RE6300 Wi-Fi extender has earned a massive user base in the marketplace. But still, some users face various problems during the Linksys RE6300 setup. These issues can be quite frustrating to understand and fix.
If you are also sailing in the same Linksys extender issues boat, then here’s the life jacket to rescue you. No matter what the issue is, you can fix it within a few troubleshooting steps. In this post, we discuss all the common Linksys extender setup RE6300 issues together with their fixes.
So, let’s roll the balls!
Issue: Unable to Connect to Linksys RE6300 Extender
Improper placement or impartial Linksys extender setup is one of the root causes behind this issue. Not only the Wi-Fi extender but also the placement of the Wi-Fi router or other equipment whichever you have applied for the Linksys AC750 setup process also results in the connection problem.
Solution: The only fix for this issue is to move your Linksys RE6300 extender. There are some major key points that you need to consider while placing your Wi-Fi range extender. Let’s look at them:
- During the Linksys RE6500 Wi-Fi extender setup process, try to place Wi-Fi extender and router in the same room.
- Try to remove the obstructions in the path of Wi-Fi extender’s signals.
- Do not keep your Wi-Fi extender and router near to your electronic devices that may cause wireless signal interference.
- Try to place your Linksys Wi-Fi extender away from metal objects, masonry walls, and reflexive surfaces like mirrors and glasses.
- Try to place your Wi-Fi extender away from corners and concrete walls.
Thus, you can fix the issue easily. Simply shift your Wi-Fi extender’s location and keep the aforementioned guidelines and you are done.
Issue: Can’t Login to Linksys Wi-Fi Extender
During the Linksys RE6300 extender setup, there is need to access the default web-based address i.e. extender.linksys.com. This web-based web page allows you to set up your Linksys Wi-Fi extender. But when a user tries to access the Wi-Fi extender setup web page, they are usually stuck with an error message. It usually happens due to no internet connection between the Wi-Fi extender and the router or the device is failed to detect internet connection.
Solution: Follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix the Linksys extender login issue:
- Be sure that the web address you have entered is correct. There are no typos.
- If still failed to visit extender.linskys.com web address, enter the Linksys IP 192.168.1.1 in the web address bar.
- Ensure that your desktop or laptop is connected to the Linksys RE6300 extender.
- Try to disconnect your Wi-Fi extender from the electric power source and try to connect it back after some time. This process is known as rebooting or restarting.
- Check the indicator LED to find the status of your Wi-Fi extender whether it is connected to the router or not.
These are two most common issues that a user face while accessing Linksys extender setup web page. If still you face any issue, then get in touch with our experts and feel free to ask anything related to Linksys Wi-Fi extender.