With time the size of the company file increases to an extent that it starts affecting the performance of the QuickBooks Desktop application. This happens because of the large number of entries in the company file that the application needs to process every time you perform an action in the company file. To overcome this drawback Intuit has integrated QuickBooks with a feature called condense data tool. QuickBooks condense data tool eliminates the useless components from the company file and reduces it size back to normal. In this article, we are going to take a deeper look at the QuickBooks condense data error that appears when a user tries to compress the company file. Keep reading the complete article for detailed troubleshooting instructions.
If you are stuck in the process of compressing QuickBooks data using the QuickBooks condense data tool and need someone to help you out with the troubleshooting procedure, then dial 844-932-1139 and get in touch with certified QuickBooks Desktop experts now
Why QuickBooks Encounters Condense Data Error?
One of the most common reasons for getting condensed data errors in QuickBooks is having negative inventory in the company file. Some other less common reasons that can trigger QuickBooks condense data error are listed below:
- If there are corruptions in the company file.
- If the local storage does not have sufficient storage available.
- Sometimes condensing data using an outdated application can also be a reason for getting the errors.
- If there is damage in the log file that is used by QuickBooks for keeping the logs of activities.
Top Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Condense Data Error
Method 1: Get Rid of Negative Inventory in QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks and from the Reports section select Inventory.
- Now open the Inventory Valuation Summary by selecting it.
- Look for the items that are showing negative or incorrect values and double-click it to open it.
- Once you get the Inventory Valuation Detail report, zoom in to get the Enter Bill screen.
- Now change the date on the bill and make sure you keep it before the first bill was created.
- Follow the same instructions to fix other items with the negative inventory.
Method 2: Run QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
- From the File menu move to the Utility drop-down menu and click Rebuild Data.
- Let the tool run and repair the damage in the company file.
- Once the file is repaired try to condense it once again and check if the error is resolved.
In case, if the error is still not resolved, then you must check your system if it has sufficient storage available and as a final troubleshooting method, you can run QuickBooks clean install tool to recreate the damaged QuickBooks installation files. If you need help from an expert to help you resolve QuickBooks condense data error, then dial our toll-free helpline number and get in touch with the top-class experts now.