QuickBooks Error PS077 occurs when you operate payroll and enter incorrect data input or have misconfigured settings. QuickBooks can be your go-to accounting software when it comes to filing federal and state tax forms for online filing. However, for online tax filing, QuickBooks requires the newest tax table updates. But you’ll face error PS077 when you try to download the update. Hence, this error makes online filing of taxes impossible. To resolve this blog quickly, go through the information stated in this blog.
You can also connect with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 if you need professional support or assistance.
Causes of Tax Table Updates Error PS077
You’ll see now that multiple causes can bring about this error. Hence, it’s easy to get confused while resolving this error as you may have a hard time finding out the actual cause for your error. To simplify it for you, the list below contains the list of major reasons for this error:
- The tax table file is damaged or corrupt.
- QuickBooks got problems or errors during installation.
- User information entered during payroll service is wrong.
- Your payroll subscription has expired or is inactive.
- Damage in the QuickBooks company file in use.
Move to the following section that’ll cover the solutions that you can implement to resolve this error.
Solutions For QuickBooks Update Error PS077
Obviously, with the number of causes that this error has, there are certainly multiple solutions that you can try. However, it’s best to diagnose the cause of your error and then look for a solution. Doing this will save you time. Go through the solutions discussed below:
Solution 1: Perform Clean Installation Of QuickBooks
You can execute a clean installation of QuickBooks to resolve this error efficiently. To do this, follow the measures stated below:
- Open the Run window.
- In the search bar of the Run window, enter the command Control Panel.
- In the Programs And Features list, you can click on Uninstall/Change.
- Choose QuickBooks from the list of programs. Now, click on Uninstall.
- Complete the un-installation process.
- Run QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Program Installation Problems section.
- Open QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and then click on I Accept on the license agreement page.
- Follow the instructions to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks.
If these measures haven’t resolved your error, go through the steps given below.
Solution 2: Turn Off User Account Control
Turning off UAC or User Account Control in Windows can resolve this error quickly. Go through the measures explained below:
- Open Run Window.
- Enter Control Panel and click on OK in the search box of the Run window.
- Now, search for User Accounts.
- Click on Change User Account Control settings.
- Click on Yes and move the slider down to Never Notify.
- Restart your system and update QuickBooks payroll.
QuickBooks Error PS077 is a quick to fix error provided you know the correct measures. This blog covers all those measures, so make sure to perform those measures with perfection. Also, go through the causes stated in this blog.
Reach out to the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391 if you need professional support or assistance in fixing this error.