Home Uncategorized Visa to England: Main types and How to Apply?

Visa to England: Main types and How to Apply?


5The visa for England opens doors to live, work and study legally in the country. However, many Indians still have doubts about how and where to apply for their visa.

So, so that you don’t get confused when making your request, check out in this article what the main types are, where to order, how much it costs, how long it takes to get ready and necessary documents. Also take the opportunity to understand if it is possible to live in other countries with a visa for England. Come on?

Do you need a visa for England?

Yes, it is mandatory to issue a visa for England if you intend to stay longer than six months in the country. Currently, the British government provides visas for different purposes:

Open a company.

The request can be made in India at least three months in advance of the trip. To give input is very simple. Just go to the British Government website. In it, you will fill out an online form that indicates which visa is right for you.

Types of visas for England:

Check out our list of the main types of visas for England now and see which one is ideal for your purpose:

Student visa:

Anyone intending to do a postgraduate, exchange or other course for more than six months, must apply for the General Student Visa, known as Tier 4.

It allows you to stay in England for a long period. As well as the right to get a job, extend the visa period and apply for a Tier 2 work visa.

Foreigners under the age of 17 must apply for a Tier 4 visa. After all, it is ideal for those who are going to study in England, be it high school or postgraduate.

Work visa:

Working in England is the desire of many Indians. The government issues short and long-term work visas, called Tier 5 and Tier 2. Learn more about them:

Tier 5: temporary jobs:

Those who intend to work for a fixed period of time must apply for a Tier 5 visa. Most of them last for one year, and can be renewed for another two years. This authorization is intended for occupations such as:

Charity Worker: unpaid voluntary work in philanthropic institutions;

Creative and Sporting: athletes or creative professionals;

Government Authorized Exchange: participants in training, government language program, research or scholarship;

International Agreement: work covered by international law, eg working for a foreign government;

Religious Worker: religious work, such as preaching or working in a religious institution;

Seasonal Worker: Agricultural work;

Youth Mobility Scheme: aimed at foreigners aged between 18 and 30 who want to work in England. For Visitor Visa Click here

Tier 5 also grants rights such as studying, working and taking family members to England. However, visa duration and benefits vary depending on your occupation.

Tier 2: long-term work:

Tier 2 is the visa for England suitable for qualified professionals. It has a long duration of between three to nine years, in many cases it can be renewed. This authorization is divided into five different types:

General Work Visa: encompasses work in multiple roles;
Intra-company Transfer: work in a branch of a foreign company in England;
Minister of Religion: work in a religious community, for example as a missionary in England;
Sportsperson Visa: Elite athletes or highly qualified coaches.
The General Work Visa is one of the most requested as it covers several types of occupations. However, having access to this specific visa is not an easy task. After all, in addition to being hired by an English company, you need to prove your level of English, travel history and receive a minimum wage or £30,000 a year.

Spouse Visa to England:

Spouse visa for England is another way to live in the UK legally. The British government offers different authorizations for each applicant profile. In addition, they also depend on where your partner lives and whether you want to live in the country after the ceremony. See below for more details on the types of visa for spouses.

Wedding visitor visa: for those who do not intend to live in England after the ceremony and plan to stay in the country for less than 6 months;
Family Visa: intended for applicants intending to live permanently in England if the spouse is a British citizen, established in the country, has refugee status or humanitarian protection in the United Kingdom;
Family Authorization: Visa for anyone wishing to join a family member from the European Union, EEA or Switzerland in the UK.
Applicants who do not have a wedding or family visitor visa may also notify their intention to marry or form a civil partnership. However, in these cases, the British government is informed.