This product by Roncuvita contains turmeric and curcumin and these have a lot of different health benefits. Tumeric is an ingredient that can be easily found in Indian households as it serves as a key ingredient in a lot of foods that we eat. This spice is not just accidentally chosen as the main ingredient of so much of our food, there is a specific reason behind it. And the reason is that it has been used as a medicinal herb for thousands of years now.
In recent decades, science has started backing up turmeric with scientific evidence this compound contains medicinal properties. The compounds that turmeric contains are called curcuminoids and among these is a very essential one called the curcumin. It is the main active ingredient of this common household. It is known as a very strong antioxidant and has very powerful anti-inflammatory effects.
Below are listed the top benefits of having this, and the benefits are backed up by evidence:-
Turmeric has some bioactive compounds which have medicinal properties, and the content of curcumin is high in turmeric. If we measure it by weight it is around 3%. The turmeric herbs that are used to experiment to get desired results are that contain mostly curcumin itself and the dosage served exceeds 1 gram per day.
And it is very difficult to reach these levels if you have turmeric as a spice. Here is when the supplements enter the scenario. However, there is a catch that curcumin is poorly absorbed by our blood, so to get the best results to try consuming it with pepper. As pepper contains piperine. Piperine has the power to intensify the absorption of curcumin by 2,000%.
- As mentioned earlier curcumin is a natural anti-inflammatory compound. Inflammation is very important for the body, inflammation is the reaction our body gives when our body senses some danger. So its job is to fight foreign invaders and repair damage in your body. However, short-term inflammation is good for the body if it is too much and long term it can become chronic and attack the body’s tissues.
There is scientific evidence that says chronic low-level inflammation can help prevent some health conditions and diseases like
- heart disease
- metabolic syndrome
- Alzheimer’s disease
- various degenerative conditions
- You must be familiar by now that turmeric is a great antioxidant. And oxidative damage is known to be one of the reasons behind aging and many other diseases.
Turmeric contains free radicals and highly reactive molecules with unpaired electrons. The free radicals have a tendency to react with essential organic substances, such as proteins, fatty acids, or DNA.
The quality that antioxidants possess is that they are beneficial to protect your body from free radicals. Curcumin 95 has a chemical structure that can neutralize potential antioxidants.
- There are neurons in our brain that have the capability of forming new connections in certain areas of the brain and can multiply and increase. The main driver of the above process is called the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). This gene makes protein responsible for promoting the life of neurons. Our memory and learning are influenced by the BDNF and it can be found in areas of the brain responsible for eating, drinking, and body weight. There are quite a lot of brain disorders that have been linked to decreased levels of BDNF protein, including depression and Alzheimer’s disease.
Moreover, there are some animal studies that say curcumin may increase brain levels of BDNF. This will directly affect delaying or even reversing many brain diseases and age-related decreases in brain function.
- Curcumin even may have the potential to lower your risk of heart disease
You may be surprised to gather that heart disease is the no. 1 cause of death around the world. So if there is a chance of decreasing this cause, why not take it? There are a lot of studies conducted by researchers turmeric 95 curcuminoids for decades now that have come to found out that heart attacks are complex and a lot of reasons combined contribute to them.
The good news is curcumin may help reverse many steps in the heart disease process. Possibly the main benefit of it is that it improves the heart function by enhancing the functioning of the endothelium, the lining of your blood vessels. As endothelium is a major driver of heart disease it is essential to ensure its proper function.
The bottom line
Turmeric with its most active compound is very good for your body and has many scientifically proven health benefits. For instance, it can improve heart health and prevent Alzheimer’s and cancer.
Moreover, as you read it is anti-inflammatory and a high antioxidant. Therefore it is also known to improve symptoms of depression and arthritis.
You can reap all these health benefits but there is a catch that the bioavailability of curcumin is less and more research needs bioperine to be done. So it is best you consult your doctor for use and dosage and buy one today! Hurry!