While trying to open QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, are you getting QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085? If yes, there is no need for you to be worried anymore as with this post, we explain you how you can fix it.
QBWC1085 pops up on the screen with an error message, that states, “ There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.”
Looking for troubleshooting assistance to get the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 fixed in no time? Feel free to give us a call at our customer support number 1.800.579.0391 and get assisted by QuickBooks error experts
Facts associated to QuickBooks Web Connector and QBWC1085 Error
QuickBooks Web Connector (QBWC) is a Microsoft Windows program that enables the data sharing between third party online applications and QuickBooks Desktop products. Just like with other Windows programs, QuickBooks Web Connector also faces some bugs and glitches. Whenever the log named QWCLOG.TXT file, that is used by QuickBooks Web Connector, gets damaged or cannot be accessed, user face QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 while attempting to open QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.
One more point that is important to remember is that QBWC1085 error also occurs when the web connector is unable to access the QWCLOG.TXT file.
What should be done to fix QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085?
Solution 1) Remove the QuickBooks Web Connector application from the Startup menu
As we have already mentioned that the web connector is used to connect third party online applications to QuickBooks. In case QuickBooks is not connected to any third party application then you can simply delete the QuickBooks Web Connector from the Startup menu. However, to delete QuickBooks Web Connector, you need to log in to the system as Windows administrator at first.
To log in to the system as Windows administrator, follow the below-down steps:
- Open the Windows Start menu and type “CMD” in the search box.
- Now, right-click exe and choose the Run as administrator option from the drop-down menu.
- If prompted, type the admin username and password.
- Next, click on exe to open the Command Prompt window.
- On the Command Prompt window, you need to type “net user administrator /active: yes”
- At last, press the Enter
To delete the QuickBooks Web Connector application from the Startup menu, follow the below-down steps:
- At first, navigate to the following path, C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
- Now, you need to delete the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- At last, restart the computer and try to open QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions.
Solution 2) Make changes to the name of the QWCLOG.TXT file
- Exit the Web Connector and QuickBooks.
- Next, navigate to the following path, C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log.
- Look for the QWCLOG.TXT file and right-click it.
- Choose the Rename option from the drop-down menu and change ‘QWCLOG.TXT’ to ‘QWCLOGOLD.TXT’.
- Now, you need to reopen the QuickBooks Web Connector application.
- At last, restart the system.
We understand how frustrating and annoying it can be for users when they need QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions to do some urgent work but unable to open it.
Hopefully, we expect that after going through any of the aforementioned troubleshooting steps, you will be able to fix the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC 1085 and continue working with QuickBooks. In case you notice that the QBWC 1085 error persists even after implementing all troubleshooting steps that we have mentioned in the post, we suggest you to get in touch with the QuickBooks support team by dialing our toll-free number 1.800.579.0391.