While downloading QuickBooks and payroll updates, sometimes the QuickBooks Desktop application cannot connect with the internet successfully, and users get QuickBooks Error 12002. The error may occur because of incorrect browser settings or due to the systems security applications such as antivirus and firewall that block the update. The error message appears on the screen, displaying “Error 12002: A network time out that is preventing the QuickBooks from accessing the server.” To know more about the QuickBooks payroll update error 12002, its causes, and solutions, read the blog carefully till the end.
If you’re looking for an immediate solution to resolve QuickBooks error 12002, you can contact the QuickBooks experts by dialing our helpline number (1.800.579.0391)
Multiple factors that trigger QuickBooks Error 12002
The following reasons cause the QuickBooks Update error 12002:
- A network time out error is stopping the software from connecting to the server.
- Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser on your system.
- There may be some error installing the application.
- System’s firewall settings are blocking QuickBooks from connecting with the Intuit’s server.
Read Also – Quickbooks Error 9999
Solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 12002
Given below are the troubleshooting methods to rectify QuickBooks payroll update error 12002:
Solution 1. Check your Internet Explorer settings
The Internet Explorer may sometimes cause an error while downloading the update. Follow the steps given below to review Internet Explorer settings:
- Open Internet Explorer and move to Tool menu.
- Select Internet Options.
- Next, click on the Security tab and click on the Globe icon.
- Ensure security level is set to Medium-High.
- Move to the connection tab, select Never Dial a Connection if you do not use the dial-up node, or select ISP if you use dial-up node and click OK.
- Select LAN settings and ensure the automatically detect settings option is selected.
- Uncheck Use a proxy server checkbox if the port is 80.
- Do not uncheck the Use a proxy server checkbox if the port is other than 80.
- Click OK.
- Now, go to the Advanced tab and select Restore Advanced Settings.
- Under Settings, locate Use TLS 1.2 and check if it is selected, and click OK.
- Close Internet Explorer and reboot your system.
Try to install the updates once again and if you still get the error, move to the next solution.
Solution 2. Check your Internet Connection
Follow the steps given below to verify Internet Connectivity:
- Open QuickBooks and click on the Help menu.
- Select Internet Connection Setup.
- Verify that QuickBooks is set to use the system’s internet connection.
- Now, click on Next and then Done.
If you still get the QuickBooks error 12002 after performing the troubleshooting solutions. You can contact QuickBooks technical support team by dialing our toll-free number (1.800.579.0391).