While attempting to run the setup program for installing QuickBooks Desktop on the system, are you encountering QuickBooks Error 1618? If yes, you must read this post until the end to understand what this error is all about and how you can quickly solve it. The error code pops up on the screen with one of the following error messages, stating, “There was a problem installing Microsoft Runtime Library” or “ERROR_INSTALL_ALREADY_RUNNING” error message when you run the Setup program to install QuickBooks programs.” Considering the complexity of QuickBooks installation errors, we have come up with this post to discuss with you the reasons that prompt QuickBooks Error 1618 and quick troubleshooting solutions to resolve it.
Getting frustrated with QuickBooks Error 1618 and want to get it resolved immediately? Feel free to give us a call at our customer support number 1.800.579.0391 and get the issues resolved in no time
What are the factors that cause QuickBooks Error Code 1618?
It is important for you to know the reasons that can throw QuickBooks Error Code 1618 so that you can get a clear understanding of it. Down below we have mentioned some of the most observed ones:
- There might be multiple instances of the Windows Installer functioning (MSIEXEC.EXE) in the background.
- Microsoft Runtime Libraries are not working as expected because of damage or corruption.
What should be done to fix QuickBooks Error 1618?
Solution 1) End MSIEXEC.EXE process that is running in the background
- At first, you need to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys on the keyboard and then select the Start Task Manager option.
- In Task Manager, select the Processes tab and then click on the Image Name column to alphabetize the list of running processes.
- Look for the process with the name MSIEXEC.EXE and right-click it.
Now, you need to hit the End Process button to terminate the
- selected Windows Installation functions (MSIEXEC.EXE).
- At last, press Alt + F4 keys to exit the Task Manager window.
Solution 2) Get Microsoft Runtime Libraries reinstalled on the system
At first, you are required to download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package as per the Windows version.
Note: To check the Windows version, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Windows Start menu and right-click the Computer tab.
- Choose the Properties option to see the basic information about your computer, such as the Windows version.
- Save the file that you have downloaded somewhere on the system where you can easily find it.
- Now, you need to double-click the downloaded file and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the Microsoft Runtime Libraries.
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the Program Problems tab.
- Under Fix My Program tab, you need to select Quick Fix my Program and let the tool run.
Even after going through the aforementioned steps, if you can’t fix QuickBooks Error 1618, then there might be some issues with the Windows registry. We suggest you to try creating a backup of the Windows registry and see whether this resolves the error. You can also get in touch with QuickBooks error experts at 1.800.579.0391 and get the issue fixed immediately. Our QuickBooks support team will make the entire troubleshooting process a piece of cake for you.