QuickBooks script error startup appears on the screen when the user opens the QuickBooks desktop application and tries to connect it to the internet. When the error triggers, the user gets a message, “Line: 68, Char: 54, Error: Expected ‘)’, Code:0.” The script error in QuickBooks usually occurs due to connectivity issues with the Internet Explorer or damaged QuickBooks desktop application. Continue reading the blog to get detailed information on QuickBooks script error message, its causes and solutions.
Are you getting QuickBooks script error? Then, call us on our toll-free number 1.800.579.9430 and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Causes behind QuickBooks script error
The script error message pops up in QuickBooks due to the following reasons:
- You are using an outdated version of the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Incorrect firewall and security settings.
- Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser.
Now, proceed to the troubleshooting procedure given below to fix the error.
Solution 1. Set Internet Explorer as the default browser
Follow these steps to set internet explorer as the default browser:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Move to the upper right corner and click on the Tools menu.
- Choose Internet Options.
- Select the Programs tab.
- Hover over the Default Web Browser window and select the Make Default option.
- Then, click OK.
Solution 2. Disable add-ons on the Internet Explorer
- Open the browser and select Command.
- Click on the Tools and choose Internet Options.
- Go to Programs and then click Manage add-ons.
- Select the disable add-ons option and click OK.
- In the end, clear cache data from Internet Explorer.
If you still get the same error, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3. Turn off browser notifications
Follow these steps to disable browser notifications:
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the Tools menu.
- Select Internet Options and go to the Advanced tab.
- Unmark the ‘Display a notification about every script error’ checkbox.
- Then, click OK.
We tried our best to help you fix the QuickBooks script error. Hopefully, you find the blog informative and helpful in resolving the problem. If the issue persists, talk to the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our helpline number 1.800.579.9430.