The script error in QuickBooks occurs when the user tries to open the application and connect it to Internet Explorer. The QuickBooks script error message appears on the screen with a message displaying, “Line: 68, Char: 54, Error: Expected ‘)’, Code:0.”QuickBooks script error startup usually triggers because of an issue with the internet explorer or damage in the QuickBooks desktop application. This blog will talk about QuickBooks script error startup, its causes and troubleshooting solutions. So, stay connected till the end.
If you need any technical assistance to fix the QuickBooks script error, then contact the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by dialling our toll-free number (1.800.579.9430)
What are the reasons behind script error in QuickBooks?
There are numerous factors leading to QuickBooks script error message. Have a look at them before proceeding to the solutions:
- The QuickBooks desktop version you are using is no longer supported.
- Inappropriate Internet Explorer settings.
- Improper firewall and security settings for QuickBooks desktop.
- The QuickBooks script error message might also appear due to an in-product message.
Let’s move on to the troubleshooting procedure in order to fix script error in QuickBooks.
Quick Troubleshooting Methods to Overcome Script Error in QuickBooks
Given below are the most effective troubleshooting steps to get rid of QuickBooks script error message:
Method 1. Make sure Internet Explorer is set as the default browser
QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer to open many of its windows and download the updates. So, it must be set as the default browser. Here’re the steps to do so:
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Move to the upper right corner and click on the Tools menu.
- Choose Internet Options.
- Select the Programs tab.
- After that, click on the Make Default button and then OK.
If the QuickBooks script error message pops up again, proceed to the next method.
Method 2. Try to open Internet Explorer in compatibility view
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to the top right corner and click on the Gear icon.
- Choose Tools and then Compatibility View Settings.
- Within the Compatibility View settings page, mark the Display all websites in Compatibility View checkbox.
- Select Close.
If you still get the ‘QuickBooks script error startup’ message, try the next method.
Method 3. Disable Browser notifications
Follow the steps given below to turn off the browser notifications:
- Open Internet Explorer and go on the Tools menu.
- Select Internet Options and click on the Advanced tab.
- Unmark the ‘Display a notification about every script error’ checkbox.
- Then, click OK.
If the script error in QuickBooks continues, move on to the next troubleshooting method.
Method 4. Turn off add-ons on the Internet Explorer
Follow the steps given below to stop add ons:
- Open the browser and select Command.
- Click on the Tools menu and choose Internet Options.
- Go to Programs and then click Manage add-ons.
- Select the disable add-ons option and click OK.
- In the end, clear cache data from Internet Explorer.
We know QuickBooks script error is very annoying. We hope the troubleshooting given in the blog helps you fix the problem. If you face any trouble following the steps or the issue persists, then contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our customer care number (1.800.579.9430).