SFP compatible transceiver modules include a lot of important optical as well as circuit components to run the networking operations in the data centers smoothly. Being a core part of the network, it is imperative to maintain the 10G SFP+ transceiver to extend its functionality for a longer period of time. To ensure the long-lasting use of 10g SFP+ transceivers, you need to follow certain parameters. If failed to do so your investment in an optical module transceiver will go all in vain.
To worth your investment, below we have mentioned some of the important 10G SFP+ and 10G LR SFP optical transceivers routine maintenance methods to ensure they will last longer while delivering the quality data network output.
ESD (Electrostatic Discharge) Protection Method
ESD is an invisible form of destructive pressure that causes failure of the data network connected applications as well as reduces the reliability of electronic equipment. In general, the hazard of ESD usually occurs due to the accumulation of charges on a surface. To prevent ESD, you need to get into the preventive action mode:
- Wear anti-static gloves and a bracelet to prevent damages from electrostatic discharge
- Keep using the environmental humidity of optical 10G LR SFP transceiver ranges between 30 – 75% RH
- Prohibit the extensive use of hot plugging operation for the non-hot-pluggable applications
Optical Port Protection Method
- Keep the end portion of the optical connector clean and dry
- Avoid long exposure of the transceiver port
- Put the port on the plug when not in use
- The connector must be inserted into the optical port to avoid scratching the end portion of the port
- Pay detailed attention to the negative and positive side, they should not be reversed
- Select the industry-upgraded optical connector meeting the latest networking standard for your data center
Conduit Fiber Optic Network Protection Method
Fiber optic networks are well known for providing higher data speeds and ensure that new applications will keep with network supplies for years to come. While the specifications of equipment may withstand the test of time, still it is equally important to build a system that can technically perform as the years go by. However, technical protection of the optical network involves using the right tools and techniques to safeguard cables from external forces. One such key technique is called a conduit; it is the safest way to protect any optical transceiver modules, fiber optic included.
Additional protection guidelines for maintaining the technical features and performance of 10G SFP+ Transceiver Modules
- Always use the dust cap to prevent excessive light exposure and damage
- When inserted maintain optical connector insert into the port while ensuring docking accuracy
- When pulled out the port, pull down the lock of the transceiver
- Handle carefully to prevent accidental damage to 10G LR SFP+ optical transceivers
- Keep all the transceivers connections covered when not in use
- Keep the fibers organized and always pile up to enable the network and fiber density grows
Following the afore-mentioned transceiver protection method will enable the longer use as well as technical functionality of the 10G SFP+ optical module transceiver.