QuickBooks pro error 12007 occurs while downloading the latest version of the QuickBooks desktop application and payroll. The QuickBooks update error 12007 usually appears when the QuickBooks is unable to connect to the internet due to inappropriate browser and security settings. There can be multiple reasons behind the QuickBooks error 12007. In this blog, we will brief you on QuickBooks error code 12007 unable to connect to internet, it’s causes and troubleshooting procedure. So, stay connected till the end.
If you are getting QuickBooks error 12007 and want to resolve it at once, then call us on our toll-free number (855)-526-5749 and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks experts
Factors leading to QuickBooks Pro Error 12007
Following are the reasons that trigger QuickBooks update error 12007. Let’s have a look:
- The firewall is blocking the update seeing it as a threat.
- Poor network connection.
- Network time out while downloading the update file.
- Inappropriate SSL settings.
Let’s move to the solutions in order to fix QuickBooks update error 12007.
Best Possible Solutions to Overcome QuickBooks Pro Error 12007
Given below are the most effective troubleshooting to get rid of error code 12007 unable to connect to internet:
Solution 1. Make sure Internet Explorer is set to be the default browser
- Close QuickBooks.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Navigate to the Programs tab.
- Below Default Web Browser, choose the Make Default button.
- At last, click OK.
If you still get QuickBooks update error 12007, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Check Internet Explorer settings
Follow the steps given below and review internet explorer settings as they can also cause issues while downloading updates:
- Foremost, exit QuickBooks and open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Tools menu and then Internet Options.
- Move to the Security tab and click on the Globe icon.
- Ensure the security level is set to Medium-high.
- Now, go to the Connections tab and choose the Never Dial a Connection option if you do not use the dial-up node (DUN) on the computer.
- Select the correct ISP if you use the dial-up node (DUN).
- Click OK.
- Choose LAN Settings, then make sure the automatically detect settings option is selected.
- Also, check whether the Use a Proxy Server checkbox is clear.
- If Use a Proxy Server is selected, you should document the complete address and port.
- If the port is other than port 80, do not uncheck the Use a Proxy Server option.
- If the port is port 80, you can clear the checkbox for testing purposes.
- Then, click OK.
- Hover over the Advanced tab and select Restore Advanced Settings.
- Under Settings, locate Use TLS 1.2, and confirm if it is selected.
- Select OK.
- Reboot the system after closing the internet explorer.
We hope the troubleshooting steps mentioned above help you resolve QuickBooks error 12007. If the issue persists, contact the QuickBooks support team by dialing our helpline number (855)-526-5749.