It has been noticed that, nowadays, many users are getting QuickBooks error 15222 while trying to download a payroll or QuickBooks Desktop update. Intuit releases updates for the QuickBooks application from time to time to provide its users with new features and improved functionality. Therefore, resolving any kind of update error as soon as possible is imperative for users. Generally, error 15222 gets triggered when the Internet Explorer function fails to register digital signatures for QuickBooks. Dealing with error 15222 might seem complicated to many users, but all it requires is the right troubleshooting guide. With this post, we are going to discuss with you all the possible reasons that often prompt such update errors alongside their troubleshooting solutions.
Want to get rid of QuickBooks error 15222 without putting in any effort? If yes, don’t hesitate to reach our QuickBooks error experts at 1.800.579.0391 and get the error resolved immediately.
What are the reasons that often trigger QuickBooks Update Error 15222?
Apart from the inability of Internet Explorer to register digital signatures for QuickBooks, there are a number of other reasons also that can trigger QuickBooks update error 15222, such as:
- Any third-party security application has been blocking QuickBooks from downloading the update.
- Internet Explorer is not set as the default browser.
What should be done to rectify QuickBooks Error 15222?
Solution 1) Make Internet Explorer the default browser
- Open the Internet Explorer web browser.
- Click on the Tools menu (located at the upper-right corner of the window).
- Select the Internet Options option from the drop-down menu.
- On the Internet Options screen, go to the Programs tab.
- Under the Default Web Browser section, click on the Make Default option
- At last, click on the OK button.
Read Also – QBDBMgrn Not Running On This Computer
Solution 2) Manually install a digital signature certificate for QuickBooks
- At first, exit out QuickBooks Desktop if you are working with it.
- Press Windows + E keys on your keyboard to open the Windows File Explorer.
- In the Windows File Explorer, navigate to the following path: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks
- In the QuickBooks folder, look for the file named QBW32.exe, and right-click it.
- Choose the Properties option and then go to the Digital Signature tab.
- Checkmark the Intuit,Inc. checkbox in the signature list.
- Click on the Details option.
- Select the View Certificate option on the Detail Signature Details window.
- On the Certificate window, select the Install Certificate option.
- Select the Next button again and again until the Finish button is displayed.
- Hit the Finish button.
- At last, restart the system.
Solution 3) Restore quarantined QuickBooks files from the anti-virus application
For the PC Tools Internet Security application:
- Open the PC Tools Internet Security application.
- Go to the Settings menu and select the Quarantine option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose files related to QuickBooks, such as qbdmgr.exe and qbdmgrN.exe, from the list of quarantined (blocked) files.
- Click on the Restore option.
- Select the Yes option to confirm.
- At last, hit the OK button.
For the AVG Anti-Virus application:
- Open AVG Anti-Virus user interface and then select the History option.
- Select Virus Vault and then look for files related to QuickBooks that have been blocked.
- Select the blocked QuickBooks files and then click on the Restore option.
- At last, hit the Close button.
In case you are unable to resolve QuickBooks error 15222 even after following the troubleshooting steps we have mentioned above, then there might have been some internet connectivity issues. We suggest you to reset the router and see whether this resolves the error or not. Our QuickBooks support team is also ready to assist you. For instant troubleshooting support, all you need to dial 1.800.579.0391.