There are several instances when a user can face QuickBooks error 6000 83, and among them, the most common ones are when opening and restoring the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. The error code pops up on the user’s computer screen with an error message, reading, “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again.” Usually, such an error happens in QuickBooks Desktop when the company file gets damaged. However, there can be many other reasons behind the occurrence of error 6000 83 that we will discuss with you further in this post, alongside all the possible troubleshooting solutions.
Looking for immediate troubleshooting support to fix QuickBooks error 6000 83? If yes, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our technical support team at the toll-free number (844)-932-1139.
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks error code 6000 83?
The followings are all the possible reasons that can cause QuickBooks error code 6000 83 while trying to open the company file:
- The QuickBooks company file is either damaged or corrupted.
- There is some damage done to the QuickBooks backup company file.
What should you do to fix QuickBooks error 6000 83?
Solution 1) Manually restore the backup company file in QuickBooks Desktop
Step 1) Use a wildcard search to find the location of the backup company file
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key to select the Start menu.
- Into the search box, type *.qbb and select the Open file location option.
- Make a note of the location of the backup company file.
Step 2) Restore the backup company file
- On the computer, open the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Select the File menu at the top menu bar.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Open or Restore Company option.
- Select the Restore a backup copy option and then choose the Next button.
- Select the Local Backup option and then choose the Next button.
- Now, choose the backup company file by navigating to the location you have noted down in step 1.
- Select a folder where you want to save the restored company file and then choose the Open button.
- At last, select the Save button.
If QuickBooks error 6000 83 persists, then there might be some issues with the backup company file. Proceed to the following solution to repair the backup company file.
Solution 2) Manually repair the QuickBooks backup company file
- On the keyboard, press Windows + E keys at the same time to open File Explorer.
- Open the folder that contains the backup company file.
- Right-click on the file with the .qbb extension and select the Rename option.
- From the filename, remove any special characters, symbols, or extra spaces.
- Right-click on the folder that contains the backup company file and select the Rename option.
- From the folder’s name, remove any special characters, symbols, or extra spaces.
- Now, restore the backup company file in QuickBooks Desktop by repeating the steps mentioned in solution 1.
If you cannot resolve QuickBooks error 6000 83 even after following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the post, then our recommendation for you is to run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and see whether this fixes the error or not. For additional troubleshooting assistance to resolve the company file error, feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks professional team at the toll-free number (844)-932-1139.