QuickBooks error code 6190- 816 appears on the screen when the user tries to open the company file on the QuickBooks desktop, but the file is open on another workstation. It usually happens when the user is accessing the company file in single-user mode. It is the most common 6000 series error that arises while opening the company file. This blog will brief you on QuickBooks error code 6190- 816, its causes and troubleshooting solutions. So, stay connected till the end.
If you are facing QuickBooks error 6190 and want to fix it at once, then contact the certified QuickBooks experts team by dialing our toll-free number (855)-526-5749.
What triggers QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816?
Following are the reasons behind QuickBooks error message 6190- 816:
- QuickBooks desktop is out-of-date.
- The company file is damaged or corrupted.
- QuickBooks cannot switch to multi-user mode.
As of now, you are aware of the factors leading to QuickBooks error message code 6190- 816. Let us move to the solutions given below in order to fix the error.
Most Preferred Solutions to Get Rid of QuickBooks error code 6190 and 816
Check out the quick troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks error 6190:
Solution 1. Get the latest version of QuickBooks
Follow these steps to update the QuickBooks desktop:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Look for QuickBooks Desktop and right-click the icon.
- Select Run as administrator.
- When the No Company Open screen appears, click on the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next, go to the Options tab.
- Click Mark All and then Save.
- Navigate to the Update Now tab and select the Reset Update checkbox.
- To start downloading the update, click Get Updates.
- When the update completes, try to open the company file again.
If you still get QuickBooks error code 6190- 816, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2. Use Quick Fix my Program tool
To run Quick Fix my Program, you need to have QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation. Follow these steps to get the same:
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Move to downloads and locate the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file you have downloaded.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install the tool hub.
- Further, mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- The QuickBooks Tool Hub desktop icon will appear.
- Find and double-click on the QuickBooks icon to open it.
- Inside the tool hub, click Company File Issues.
- Click Quick Fix my File.
- Let the tool run to fix the company file issues.
- Click OK when it completes.
That’s all about QuickBooks error 6190. We hope this blog helped you in resolving the issue. If the problem persists, call us on our helpline number (855)-526-5749 and get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals.